Khamenei: U.S. and Britain behind riots not reformist leaders
Iran's supreme leader said it is not known whether opposition leaders who initiated the the riots following the June 12's elections were backed by the U.S. and Britain. According to a report, late Wednesday by IRNA, Ayatollah Ali Khamenei said that he is not accusing the reformist leaders of being "stooges" of the U.S. and Britain because such charges have not been proven.
Khamanei noted that there were no doubt the protests were "calculated," by enemies of Iran, in advance.
- Khamenei: USA, Britain and Israel behind terror attack
- Iran: Reformist leaders detained after election riots
- Iran's Khamenei Rejects Western-Style Reforms, Lashes out against US, Britain
- Iran's Supreme Leader: Israel, US behind Najaf, Karbala bombings
- Charm offensive: what's behind Rouhani's sickly-sweet diplomacy with the US?