Kharrazi to Tour Three Asian Countries
The Iranian press reported Sunday that Foreign Minister Kamal Kharrazi was due to start a tour of Malaysia, Indonesia and Japan on Monday.
The spokesman of the foreign ministry, Hamid Reza Asefi, was quoted by Iran’s official news agency (IRNA) as saying that Iran had given a high priority to enhancing and strengthing its economic ties with other countries.
According to the agency, the Iranian foreign minister believes that such visits will help increase the common will among Asian nations to go ahead with the campaign against terrorism at regional and global levels.
He said that the Muslim states in Asia, including Iran, Malayasia and Indonesia, condemned the ominous problem of terrorism.
He also emphasized the importance of dialogue to reinforce the common ground among the Muslim nations regarding how to combat terrorism – Albawaba.com
- Spokesman: Iran to continue cooperation with nuclear watchdog
- Japan Hopes to Reaffirm Cooperation with Iran in Fighting Terrorism
- Kharrazi: Iran wants better ties with US
- Kharrazi: Iran Concerned by Possible ‘Hasty’ US Reaction
- Iran Repeats Refusal to Join US Anti-Terror Coalition, Calls for UN Leadership