Khartoum Plans to Bar bin Laden from Sudan
The Sudanese government said Saturday it would not allow Saudi dissident Osama bin Laden, the prime suspect in the September 11 attacks on the US, to enter its territory, reported the official Kuwaiti news agency (KUNA).
The foreign ministry said in a statement that “Bin Laden would not be welcomed in Sudan,” while recounting Khartoum's anti-terror efforts.
In 1996, Khartoum asked bin Laden to leave Sudan and end his business there.
Since then he has been living in Afghanistan.
Meanwhile, Sudanese Minister of Industry and Investment Jalal Al Diggeir brushed aside reports that bin laden had investments in Sudan's glue market, said KUNA.
He said the reports were false and aimed at tarnishing Sudan and harming the market for Arab glue, of which Sudan is the major producer and exporter – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)