Khatami hails North Korea, deplores Israel's ''state terrorism''
Iran's President Mohammad Khatami said on Thursday that the Islamic Republic of Iran approves Pyongyang's efforts for establishment of peace and unity between the two Koreas. Receiving credentials of new North Korean ambassador to Tehran, Kim Chong Ryong, on Thursday, Khatami said his country and North Korea want to remain independent
and free by reliance on their nations.
The Islamic Republic of Iran is for peace on the basis of justice and will stand those trying to impose war and violence on Iranians, said Khatami, according to IRNA. The Islamic Republic of Iran is determined to attain all necessary means for promotion of its technology and science and no one can prevent the move, added the Iranian president.
During the meeting, Khatami condemned any form of terror and aggression, especially the "state terrorism," and said assassination of Hamas spiritual leader, Sheikh Ahmad Yassin, by Israel signs ugly image of the Israel's state terrorism in today's world. He said that unfortunately the US approves the move.
The North Korean envoy for his part called for promotion of Tehran-Pyongyang cooperation and relations. It should be noted that North Korea and Iran were dubbed by US president Bush as the "axis of evil" along with Iraq.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Peres: Iran Provided Hizbullah With 10,000 Long Rang Missiles to Destroy Israel; Khatami Calls to Boycott Israel
- North Korea calls for peace
- Annan Rules Out Iran Producing Weapons of Mass Destruction; Khatami in Greece
- Lieberman: Syria, Iran and North Korea are new ”axis of evil”
- U.S. releases annual terrorism report; Iran, Iraq and Syria harshly criticized