Khatami Suffers Mild Heart Problem
Iranian President Mohammed Khatami suffered a mild heart problem last week and spent several hours at a Tehran clinic, a hospital source familiar with the president's health told AFP Monday.
"The president had a mild illness last week and he was admitted Thursday to the cardiological section of the Nur Clinic in Tehran," the hospital source said.
Khatami went Sunday to the capital's Shariati Hospital to undergo a series of cardiological tests, including an angioplasty, "on the advice of his doctors," Khatami's office said in a release quoted by Iran News Agency (IRNA) as saying.
Khatami entered the hospital in the afternoon and was not allowed to leave the hospital until 11 p.m., according to a hospital source, who said the president's health was "completely fine."
IRNA said Sunday that Khatami had undergone cardiological tests in Shahid Beheshti hospital that day "on his doctors' advice."
It said Khatami was "in fine health" - (Several Sources)
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Report: Arafat suffered mild heart attack last week
- Havel Hospitalized with Heart Problems
- Yugoslavia's Milosevic Hospitalized for Heart Trouble
- Mismanagement of sleep disorders can have serious financial implications for the regions healthcare costs
- GAHS Launches Second Phase of Heart Diseases Screening Program