Khatami: Tehran to continue cooperation with nuclear watchdog
Iran's President Mohammad Khatami said on Wednesday
that Tehran has not made a decision to discontinue cooperation with Europe and the nuclear watchdog.
Speaking to reporters, the president added that as a signatory of the additional protocol to the nuclear
Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), Iran has abided by it and will continue cooperating with the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA), according to IRNA.
"We complied with the terms of the protocol as [an] example of good understanding and suspended the process of uranium enrichment voluntarily.
"Despite the fact that EU trio had undertaken to facilitate transfer of nuclear technology to Iran and cooperate closely at regional and bilateral levels, they have not kept with their pledges on various pretexts," he added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Khatami: Iran to continue cooperation with nuclear watchdog
- Khatami pledges to cooperate with Nuclear Watchdog, but not to end uranium enrichment
- President: Iran to continue nuclear program
- President: Iran not to develop nuclear weapons
- Khatami complains about nuclear watchdog report but vows to continue cooperation