Khatami:Nuke facilities to be restored quickly in case of attack
Iran's President Mohammad Khatami on Wednesday called on Europeans to secure guarantees for Iran's continued peaceful nuclear technology and activities. Speaking at a press conference at the end of a cabinet session, Khatami said Tehran would in return guarantee that it would not deviate from the path for peaceful use of nuclear energy.
Asked about Iran's reaction in case Europe followed the US stance on the nuclear related issues, Khatami said he hoped no such a thing would happen and Iran would continue following its way.
President Mohammad Khatami said any action on its nuclear facilities would displease Tehran. Khatami said that in case of any such attack, Iranian technicians would be able to restore the facilities after a while. "Even if they like to take any action against our nuclear resources, they can be sure that we would be displeased with any such action; but our technicians would not fall short of regaining the achievements after a while," said Khatami.
The president said Americans are today trapped in Iraq due to their false and poor information and defying Iran's advices. He said that he was confident Americans would never adopt any measures that would bring them more disadvantage since they have gained more experience though this poor logic.
- I'm a survivor! Dubai rape victim speaks out about her assault
- Salafists Storm Arab Spring: Extremists exploit embassy attacks
- Report: US plans to attack Iran's nuke facilities
- Kaspersky Lab publishes new research about wiper, the destructive malware targeting computer systems in April 2012
- Khatami: Iran entitled to peaceful use of nuclear technology