King Abdullah meets Israeli FM
King Abdullah of Jordan met on Monday with Israeli Foreign Minister, Silvan Shalom, and stressed that the Israeli
plan to withdraw from Gaza Strip should be part of the US-backed "Roadmap" to peace and a prelude for an Israeli withdrawal from all the Palestinian territories.
During the meeting, which was attended the Prime Minister, the Royal Court Minister, and the Foreign Minister, the King noted that the way to reach stability and security and end violence in the region, is through finding comprehensive and just peace and through establishing an independent Palestinian state in accordance with the Roadmap peace plan.
On his part, Shalom told King Abudllah that Israel will not encourage Palestinians to move from the West Bank to Jordan ahead of a final status agreement between Israel and the Palestinians, Israel Radio reported Monday.
Shalom also passed on message from Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon to the King, promising that he will personally brief the monarch on the progress of his diplomatic plan. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- King Abdullah meets Sharon deputy, urges Israel to support Palestinian leaders
- Jordan's King Abdullah and former Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Barak meet
- Jordan King: Final settlement for Palestinian issue - up to Israelis and Palestinians
- King Abdullah, Sharon hold talks
- After meeting Moroccan king, Israeli FM says sides close to renew diplomatic activities