King Abdullah, Sharon hold talks
King Abdullah of Jordan on Thursday paid a secret visit to Israel's Prime Minister Ariel Sharon's ranch, where they held a several-hour meeting over an extended lunch, an Israeli newspaper reported Friday.
According to Haaretz, the two leaders discussed implications of Sharon's plan for a unilateral withdrawal from Gaza Strip and parts of the West Bank, the chances of implementing the road map peace plan for an Israeli-Palestinian agreement, and the West Bank separation wall.
Last week, Sharon said he planned to meet with the Jordanian king but the latter denied the announcement at the time.
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Red Cross: ''Separation wall'' violates int'l humanitarian law; US envoys to meet Sharon on ''disengagement'' plan
- Report: Sharon, King Abdullah hold secret meetings
- U.S., Europe and PA Condemn Sharon Comments on Killing Arafat; King Abdullah Continues His Washington Visit
- Jordan’s King Abdullah to meet with Saudi King Salman in Riyadh
- Jordan's King Abdullah to visit the West Bank