Kurdish newspaper: Iraq executes six political prisoners
Baghdad has recently executed six political Iraqi prisoners suspected of having ties with the Iraqi opposition, a newspaper in Kurdish-populated northern Iraq said on Sunday.
The independent Jamawar paper named those executed by Baghdad's public security commissariat as Abbas Faraj, Naji Dulaimi, Mohammad Omar, Mohammad Ridha Ismael, Ryad Fadhel and Abbbas Nasser.
The paper, however, did not provide details on whether the alleged executions took place before or after an October 20th amnesty decreed by Iraq's President Saddam Hussein for all prisoners in Iraq. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Iran challenges Baghdad\'s figure of 29,000 Iraqi POWs in Iran
- 1,000 secret graves of political prisoners executed by Saddam regime uncovered
- Iraqi Kurdish Opposition Group Denies Reported US Military Mission In Northern Iraq
- Saddam Donates Hundreds of Qorans to Iraqi Kurds
- Iran dismisses conditions for hostage release