Kuwait complains about war coverage by Saudi-owned TV
The Dubai-based Saudi-owned news channel Al-Arabiya on Tuesday denied a Kuwaiti charge that it was "biased" in its coverage of the US-led war on Iraq.
"We believe our coverage is objective. ... But the Kuwaitis back the war on Iraq 100 percent and they believe that anyone who takes a different stand is against them," a senior official of Al-Arabiya told AFP.
The official confirmed that Kuwaiti financiers had not pumped money into Al-Arabiya, a 24-hour television launched in February, but said this was because discussions with Kuwaiti and other businessmen had been put on hold after the United States and Britain launched their military campaign against Iraq March 20.
His comments followed press reports earlier Tuesday that Kuwaiti Information Minister Sheikh Ahmad Fahd al-Sabah had warned that he might ban Al-Arabiya from operating in Kuwait due to its "biased" coverage. (Albawaba.com)