Kuwait Continues with War Games
Kuwait has launched another round of military exercises, according to Middle East News Link (MENL) on Wednesday.
The latest exercise was launched on Tuesday. Named Blue Sky-11, the exercise contained both warplanes and ground forces.
Officials were quoted by MENL as saying the exercises are meant to test the combat readiness of the military as well as the interoperability between land and air forces. The exercise will last for two days, said the report.
The emirate proceeded with the exercise despite a US investigation of an accidental bombing in Kuwait by a US warplane in which five US servicemen and an Australian were killed earlier this month.
Kuwaiti Defense Minister Jabber Mubarak Al Sabah told the London-based A-Sharq Al Awsat on Wednesday that Kuwait is continuing its scheduled of military exercises despite delays in the investigation of the US bombing.
The Arab summit failed Wednesday to reach a final settlement to the conflict between Kuwait and Iraq, which the former sees as a threat to its sovereignty.
However, a committee headed by the current president of the summit, King Abdullah of Jordan, will work on conciliation between the two countries – Albawaba.com