Kuwait: Departure of Iraqi regime is only way to avert war
Kuwait’s Foreign Minister Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Sabah said on Saturday that "the departure of the Iraqi regime" of Saddam was the only way to avert a US-led war, according to KUNA news agency.
"The war train is on track," said Sheikh Sabah, however added Kuwait did not want a war and would "not take part in any strike" against Baghdad.
"If a miracle were to happen, I hope it will happen during the (emergency Arab) summit" on Iraq due to be held in the Egyptian resort of Sharm el-Sheikh in the week of February 22, Sheikh Sabah said.
"The miracle must come from within Iraq, either through the departure of the Iraqi regime or by means of something happening in Iraq," he added. (Albawaba.com)
- Kuwaiti FM to Cheney: Pave the Way for Arafat to Participate in Arab Summit; Kuwait Opposes Strike on Iraq
- Kuwait's Emir Alleges Iraq Still Harbors Aggressive Intentions
- Iraqi official: Saddam held by US forces in Baghdad area; Kuwait wants to participate in trial
- Minister: Iraqi Case was not Discussed during Jordan’s King Visit to Kuwait
- Kuwait: Use of Oil Weapon Should be Last Resort