Kuwait deployed ten US Patriot missile batteries
Kuwait has deployed ten US Patriot missile batteries in case of an Iraqi attack, the emirate's Foreign Minister Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Sabah said Wednesday.
"The situation is not normal and recent military deployments have caused certain worries in Kuwait ... so the country has taken delivery of 10 Patriot missile batteries, whereas Israel only has four," he said, quoted by the state's KUNA news agency.
In addition, the government is planning the distribution of gas masks "very soon" to nationals and expatriates, he added. The foreign minister added that if fighting currently breaks out, fleeing Iraqis would be granted humanitarian aid in a 10-square-kilometer zone along the tiny emirate's border with Iraq. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Bahrain takes delivery of US Patriot anti-missile batteries
- Report: Israel deploys Patriot missile batteries in fear of 9/11 attacks
- United States boosts defense of Kuwait with additional Patriots
- Iraqi missiles land in Kuwait, no injuries reported
- Israeli Air Force to Deploy Anti-Aircraft Missiles Against Attacks Like September 11