Kuwait donates one million dollars to Al-Quds University
Kuwait has donated one million dollars to the al-Quds Palestinian University in east Jerusalem, the emirate's education minister said on Monday.
The donation was made in the presence of al-Quds rector Sari Nusseibeh, who is currently paying a visit to Kuwait, the minister said, according to KUNA.
Musaed al-Haroun said Kuwait's aid to the Palestinians is not limited to humanitarian assistance alone, but also includes empowering Palestinians and helping them achieve their independence.
Nusseibeh, for his part, hailed the Kuwaiti government for its ongoing support, the news agency said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel demolishes houses in West Bank city, closes offices of Al Quds University President
- Kuwait Donates $150m for Palestinian Support Funds
- Kuwait Plays down Thaw in Ties with Palestinian Authority
- One Palestinian killed in firefight in Gaza Strip; Israel decides to reopen Sari Nusseibeh office in Jerusalem
- Telethon to be held in Kuwait in support of Palestinian people