Kuwait: Five killed in fire exchange between security authorities, armed suspects
Kuwaiti security forces stormed a building in the capital's Salmiyah neighborhood and exchanged gunfire with a group of "suspected terrorists", state television reported Sunday.
The clash was the third battle this month between security forces and suspected "militants". One suspect was arrested in the operation, according to state-owned Kuwaiti Television. Three suspected "militants", a Kuwait security officer and a Bahraini man who lived in the building where the attack took place were killed, according to the report. The man was a bystander.
The clash took place in Kuwait City's Salmiyah neighborhood, where many foreign residents live. Residents heard gunfire for several minutes and saw police cordon off the area. The report added the clash had ended but that police were still combing the residential neighborhood for suspects.
- Kuwait city: At least five dead, six wounded in clash between police and armed group
- Saudi capital: At least eight killed in blasts, clash
- Saudi security forces kill '\'wanted terrorist'\' during clash in Riyadh
- Jordan: Security forces kill suspected al Qaeda activist
- Turkish Policeman Dies in Hospital After Clash with Muslim Radicals