Kuwait Minister of Defense Increases Salaries for Servicemen
First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jaber_Al-Mubarak_Al-Hamad_Al-Sabah) announced a new initiative to raise the base pay of servicemen in the Army, Police, National Guard and Fire Department. The Higher Defense Council Recommended the pay increase in a recent meeting.
The First Deputy Prime Minister explained that while the increase in basic salaries comes in appreciation of the role servicemen play and the responsibilities they bear, it is also meant to be commensurate with the privileges received by retired servicemen. Additionally, the decree is an encouragement to Kuwaiti youth to enlist in the military. Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak said pay for servicemen has lagged behind public and private sector salaries and this may have discouraged young people in Kuwait from joining the service.
The pay increase is part of Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak's plans to strengthen the military in Kuwait. The First Deputy Prime Minister has undertaken a comprehensive agenda to ensure the protection of all Kuwaiti residents.
- Kuwaiti Minister of Defense Addresses Salary Increase for Military Personnel
- Kuwait’s Defense Minister receives Iraqi figure, Egyptian ambassador
- Kuwait Plans Upgrades to Defence Capabilities
- Kuwait’s Defense Minister meets British Defense Secretary
- Kuwait's Sheikh Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah Journalism Awards Now Open