Kuwait to name woman as minsiter, PM says
Kuwaiti women were Monday granted the right to vote and stand in elections, under a historic amendment to the country’s election law. Prime Minister Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Sabah told reporters in Parliament that he planned to name a woman minister.
- Kuwaiti PM ”happy” with first woman minister despite protest by some MPs
- Kuwait: Law granting women right to vote and stand in municipal elections suspended
- Algeria parliament speaker visits Kuwait
- Kuwaiti Women Mark First Anniversary of Rights Decree
- AOHR hails Kuwait for granting political rights to women