Kuwait Plans Upgrades to Defence Capabilities
Kuwait's First Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defence Sheikh Jaber Al-Mubarak Al-Hamad Al-Sabah said his nation is on course to modernize its defense systems and keep up to date with the latest weaponry.
In remarks to a Ramadan "Ghabqa" (dinner party) on August 30, Sheikh Jaber said that it is important for Kuwait to upgrade its armed forces.
"We don't seek to possess arms for aggressive purposes," the minister said. "We don't plan to attack any other country and don't accept our territories being used for attacking a third country either."
Sheikh Jaber said plans to buy U.S. Patriot air defense system missiles are part of an overarching strategy to keep Kuwait's defense capabilities up to date. The Minister added that he is in consultation with the Kuwaiti Army to assess additional defense needs.
- Kuwait Minister of Defense Increases Salaries for Servicemen
- Kuwait’s Defense Minister meets British Defense Secretary
- Kuwait’s Defense Minister receives Iraqi figure, Egyptian ambassador
- Kuwaiti Minister of Defense Addresses Salary Increase for Military Personnel
- Kuwaiti Defense Minister to visit South Africa