Kuwaiti Deputy Prime Minister denies knowledge of anti-Iraq plans; says Kuwait plans to buy Russian cargo planes
Kuwaiti Deputy Premier and Minister of Defense, Sheikh Jaber al-Mubarak denied his country's knowledge of any major United States military plan against Iraq, but revealed his country's intention to buy Russian cargo planes.
During an interview with the Kuwaiti Al-Rai al-Am newspaper published in Kuwait Saturday, Sheikh Jaber al-Mubarak disclosed that a Kuwaiti military delegation was currently paying a visit to the Russian capital of Moscow for a first-hand look at Russian military technologies, for a potential prospect of purchasing Russian cargo planes.
Meanwhile, Sheikh Jaber al-Mubarak firmly denied any knowledge of a covert American plan to launch "an intensive offensive" against Iraq.
All information received regarding this issue was obtained from press reports, but Kuwait had not officially received any US or other notification on the matter, he made clear. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Kuwaiti Prime Minister visits US
- Iraq Denies Firing Missile into Saudi Airspace, Reiterates Defiance of No-Fly Zones
- Spanish Deputy-Prime Minister visits Morocco
- Syrian Plane to Baghdad May Join Embargo-Busting Flights, Ignoring US Protests
- Iraqi Vice President: U.S. May Suffer Attack “More Dreadful” Than September 11; Report: Iraq to Reopen Talks with UN