Kuwaiti Foreign Minister Rejects Al-Hayat Report
Kuwaiti Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Minister Sheikh Sabah al-Ahmad al-Sabah rejected Monday statements published by a London-based Arabic daily.
He told the Kuwait News Agency (KUNA) that what had been written by Abdulwahab Badrakhan, the deputy editor-in-chief of the Al-Hayat daily lacked accuracy.
Badrakhan had quoted Sheikh Sabah as saying that members of the Kuwaiti ruling family, who were filling ministerial positions at the present time, would have leading posts in the future.
Sheikh Sabah said that the honor of shouldering national responsibility in all realms by the ruling family members was available for all citizens who work with the state or abroad.
In addition, he claimed, this issue was up to Emir Sheikh Jaber al-Ahmad al-Sabah and Crown Prince and Prime Minister Sheikh Saad al-Abdullah al-Sabah based on what best serves the country. Sheikh Sabah further called for the need for accuracy and precision in quoting his remarks. (Albawaba.com)