Kuwaiti National Football Team Gears up for Asian Cup Qualifiers
The Kuwaiti national football team is gearing up for the qualifying games of the Asian Football Championship (October 12-27) by holding its training camp in Cyprus.
Al-Watan daily reports that the team played a practice game against the Yugoslavian Choukarichy Belgrade, which ended in a 3-3 tie. Bashar Abdullah led the national team with two goals (20, 23) and Issam Sekkein scored the third (50). The Yugoslavian club struck back in the 41, 70 and 83 minutes.
Kuwait wasted an opportunity to win the game in the 87th minute, when Abdullah Al-Dowaisan faked out and passed by the Yugoslavian goalkeeper. His shot, however, was blocked by a Yugoslavian defender.
The Kuwaiti team has scheduled two more practice games, the first against the German Arminia Bilefeld club on January 22nd and the other game will be against the South Korean L.G club on January 26.
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Yugoslavian Red Star Crushes Syrian Football Team 3-0
- Press release Al-Badran praises the achievements of the Kuwaiti youth team & promises to support them in the Asian Cup Finals
- Kuwait's National Soccer Team Gears up For Asian Finals
- UAE National Football Team Gears Up For Oman Soccer Tournament
- Omani defender optimistic ahead of World Cup qualifiers