Kuwaiti PM agrees to lead country due to new Amir health problems
Kuwaits's al-Sabah ruling family members on Friday met with Prime Minister, Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, and reaffirmed the "trust instilled upon him by the late Amir," Sheikh Jaber Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah, who died earlier this week.
According to Kuna, they appealed to Sheikh Sabah to continue guiding the country. Sheikh Sabah expressed determination to take up the "great responsibility". This move was taken due to the poor health of the new emir, Sheikh Saad Al Abdullah Al Sabah. Saad, in his mid-70s, automatically took over Sunday. However, his deteriorating health might not allow him to even take the oath of office, the AP reported.
- Kuwait ruler relieved of duties by parliament; PM named as new Amir
- Kuwaiti Prime Minister Calls for Cooperation and Dialogue
- The health of the Kuwaiti economy in the current scenario is underlined by the controlled inflation even at such high liquidity levels
- New Government in Kuwait Due to Take Oath Thursday
- 8-year-old Yemeni child dies at hands of 40-year-old husband on wedding night