Kuwaiti POW committee meets Arab League Head in Cairo
A Kuwaiti delegation from the National Committee for Missing and POWs' Affairs arrived in Cairo on Tuesday to meet with Arab League Secretary General Amr Moussa.
Committee vice-chairman Ibrahim Alshaheen, head of the delegation, told reporters in the Egyptian capital, upon arrival that the delegation would discuss with the League’s Chief, issues related to Kuwaiti POWs.
The delegation would also brief Moussa regarding the meeting held on December 18 in Geneva by the tripartite committee looking into matters of the POWs, Alshaheen said, according to KUNA.
He added that a subsidiary committee to the tripartite one would meet on January 8 in the Jordanian capital of Amman, at the headquarters of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) to further pursue the latest on the POWs issue. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Kuwaiti Official Discusses POW Issue in Cairo
- Head of Kuwaiti POW committee meets Syrian President, Prime Minister
- Yemen’s President meets with Kuwaiti delegation on POW issue
- Iraq Proposes Forming New Committee To Look Into Kuwaiti POWs Issue
- Egypt’s Premier confirms Cairo will help solve Kuwaiti POW issue