Kuwaiti suspected of killing American praises September 11 attacks
A Kuwaiti arrested for allegedly killing a US civilian said he chose a Tuesday to strike because the September 11, 2001 attacks and the murder by Kuwaitis of a US marine last year both took place on that "blessed" week day, according to a newspaper report Monday.
Sami Mohammed Marzook al-Mutairi said during questioning that Tuesday "is a blessed day... On this day the September 11 attacks in the US were carried out, " according to al-Qabas, citing sources.
"Even the Failaka operation by the Mujahideen Anas al-Kandari and Jassim al-Hajeri was carried out" on a Tuesday, he said, in reference to the October 8 attack on Failaka island, some 20 kilometers east of Kuwait City.
Mutairi "blessed" the Failaka attack, carried out by the two gunmen and "praised" the events of September 11, the daily added. (Albawaba.com)
- Suspect behind attack on Americans in Kuwait identified
- Three Marines injured in accidental blast in Kuwait; Tuesday shooting attack carried out by al Qaeda supporters
- Two Kuwaiti ''terrorists'', one American soldier killed during shooting attack
- Kuwait probes shooting attack on U.S. soldiers; More than 30 people arrested
- Website: Deadly shooting of US marine in Kuwait claimed by Al Qaeda