Kuwait\'s Parliament Speaker Holds Talks in Tehran on Strengthening Bilateral Ties
Speaker of Kuwait's parliament, Jassem Khorafi, held talks in Tehran Sunday with Iranian officials on ways of expanding bilateral ties between the two countries, reported Iran News Agency (IRNA).
At the meeting, the two sides reviewed the latest developments in the region.
Following the meeting, an Iranian source told the agency that the two sides emphasized cooperation between the two parliaments on regional and international issues, including Palestine.
The source described relations between Iran and Kuwait as very good and said, "the ties are expanding and getting stronger every day."
Iran has good ties with the Gulf countries, except for the UAE over a dispute on three Islands, which are currently occupied by Iran. Both claim sovereignty over the Islands -- Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Kuwait Occupies Parliament
- Iran\'s Parliament Speaker Holds Talks with Jordanian Officials on Strengthening Bilateral Relations
- Kuwait's Parliament Speaker Heads to Moscow for Bilateral Talks
- Speaker of German Parliament to hold talks in Jordan
- Iran\'s Parliament Speaker Arrives in Amman Sunday for Bilateral, Regional Talks