Lahoud hails Syria ''sacrifises'' to preserve Lebanon unity
Lebanese President Emile Lahoud said on Monday that Syrian-Lebanese relations are based on coordination, cooperation and fraternity.
"Lebanon will not accept any decision or measure that could harm the Syrian-Lebanese relations," President Lahoud said during a meeting with a delegation of the U.S. Anglican Presbyterian Church, calling for the revival of negotiations to set a resolution for the Arab-Israeli conflict.
According to the official SANA news agency, he praised the sacrifises offered by Syria to preserve the unity of Lebanon and restore its institutions. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Lebanese president hails coordination with Syria
- Lahoud Vows to Safeguard Lebanon’s Unity
- Lahoud Meets Sfeir, Hopes Maronite Leader’s Visit Speeds up Return of Christian Refugees
- Thousands of Lebanese protesters cheer as Prime Minister quits
- Lebanon marks 2nd anniversary of Hariri assassination with harsh criticism against Syria, Hizbullah