Land Confiscations Spark Riot in Arab-Israeli Village
Riots erupted Tuesday in the Arab village of Tira inside Israel, said Israel Radio.
Arab Israelis clashed with the police after local authorities announced plans to confiscate land to build the Israel Crossway, one of the Jewish state’s biggest infrastructure projects.
The rioters threw stones and other objects at the police, injuring at least two.
Leaders of the Arab community in Israel were in the village trying to calm down their compatriots, said the report.
Last fall, as the most recent Palestinian uprising against 34 years of Israeli occupation began erupting, security forces killed nearly 20 Arab Israelis – Albawaba.com
- Arabs, Israelis Gearing up for Land Day
- New Jersey rabbi wants to "vanquish Arabs" and destroy the Dome of the Rock
- UN report: Israel building wall to confiscate Palestinian lands
- What is it like to be one of Israel's 1.4 million Arab citizens?
- Clashes erupt between Palestinians and Israeli forces in East Jerusalem