Last Bethlehem Nativity Church Palestinian leaves Cyprus to unknown destination
Abdullah Daoud, the last Palestinian who was in Cyprus after being brought to the Mediterranean island following the lifting of the Nativity Church siege in Bethlehem earlier this year, left Cyprus Monday for an unknown destination, the official Cyprus News Agency reported.
Cyprus’ Foreign Minister Ioannis Kasoulides said he was not authorized to disclose the country that granted asylum to the Palestinian. He said, however it was a distant, non-European country, where the Palestinian was to meet with relatives, the agency added. (Albawaba.com)
- Standoff at Nativity Church ends after 39 days
- New proposal to end Nativity Church siege; PA, Israel prepare for Gaza Strip confrontation
- Exiled Palestinians leave Cyprus
- EU states finalize deal on Nativity Church deportees; Israel says it foiled additional Palestinian attacks
- Israel to request extradition of 13 exiled Palestinians; masses held in Nativity Church