The last image of Sharon....
Israel's Channel 10 has aired the last image of Israeli Prime Minister, Ariel Sharon as he was taken by an ambulance to "Hadassah" hospital in Jerusalem on Wednesday night.
As Sharon fights for his life, questions are asked in Israel about a potentially fatal delay in taking him to hospital.
When Sharon felt unwell on Wednesday, his personal physician was called in to his ranch. According to one version, reported Friday by Haaretz, he arrived at the ranch just as Sharon was being put into an ambulance, and joined him on the trip. According to another version, he met the convoy at a nearby junction on the way to Jerusalem.
Sharon's aides, who pieced the event together, said Sharon did not want to be go to hospital. He said he was due at Hadassah for the procedure the next morning anyway. Apparently, his son, convinced him to go anyway.
In addition, the Israeli media asked why Sharon was not airlifted to "Hadassah" hospital, when he began to feel ill. Instead, he was driven for more than an hour in an ambulance, during which time his condition deteriorated significantly.
- Sharon addicted to Humus....
- Monkeys and Mad dogs: what would the new Middle East look like to a sleeping Sharon?
- Israel: Ariel Sharon to be buried at home on Monday
- Nancy Ajram on stage during her Sharm El Sheikh concert last weekend. (Image: Facebook)
- Uh oh! Madeleine Matar was admitted to hospital last week, but she's back home now. (Image: Elfann.com)