Latin Patriarch Begins Procession to Bethlehem
The Latin Patriarch, Michel Sabbah, has begun the traditional Christmas Eve procession from Jerusalem to Bethlehem, said The Jerusalem Post.
In a statement before the march, Sabbah called upon Israeli and Palestinian leaders to settle the ongoing conflict through negotiations and to cease the killing of innocents, according to the paper.
Palestinian President Yasser Arafat arrived in Bethlehem earlier this morning. He is due to attend a mass at night.
Celebrations of Christmas in Bethlehem have been cancelled this year due to the bloody events that have prevailed in Palestine since September 28. Celebration will be restricted to religious ceremonies – Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Gloomy Christmas Spirit Hangs over Blockaded Bethlehem
- Jerusalem Church Leader Calls for Just Solution on Holy City
- Palestinian Killed, Settler Injured Near Nablus; The Vatican Condemns Israel; Sharon Supports Peres Talks With Abu Ala
- Christian Pilgrims Flock to Jerusalem for Jubilee Easter
- Have a Merry Middle Eastern Christmas! - Holiday Traditions from All Over the Arab World