The Latin Patriarch: Establishment of Independent State of Palestine Fundamental to Peace
Patriarch Michel Sabbah of the Latin Church in Jerusalem and the Holy Lands said Sunday that establishing the independent state of Palestine with Jerusalem as its capital are essential for having a comprehensive peace in the Middle East. The Patriarch added that ending the occupation is a fundamental factor for establishing just and long lasting peace throughout the region.
He asserted that the Latin Church recognizes Palestinian President Arafat’s right to be able to move in all areas of the “Holy Lands and Places”. Sabbah stressed that the Israelis have no right to prevent any Palestinian freedom of movement throughout Palestinian territories and passageways.
The Palestine News Agency reports that the statements were made during the conclusion of Christmas celebrations the Patriarch had been attending, in the Alzababdeh village close to Jenin. (Albawaba.com)
- Latin Patriarch in Palestine calls Arafat, Sharon to bring peace or quit
- Latin Patriarch Begins Procession to Bethlehem
- Jerusalem Church Leader Calls for Just Solution on Holy City
- Message of Peace and Justice for Palestinians at Bethlehem
- Israel to request extradition of 13 exiled Palestinians; masses held in Nativity Church