Leader of Danish party invites Saddam to seek political asylum
The leader of the Danish Republican Party, Sooslashren Mosegaard has invited Saddam Hussein to seek political asylum in Denmark. In a statement conveyed to Al Bawaba via email, Mosegaard said the offer is "on behalf of the Danish people."
"The Danish Republican Party does not sympathize with Iraq's former regime. But we do believe that everybody - even Saddam - is entitled to protection from inhumanly punishment," the statement of the Danish politician added.
According to the danish law, as an asylum applicant in Denmark, Saddam Hussein can not be extradited to USA or other countries who employ torture or death penalty, the statement added. (Albawaba.com)
© 2003 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- TV: Iranian secret service agents give information to Danish counterparts; ask for political asylum
- Danish businessman kidnapped in Iraq as Rumsfels surprised by high death toll
- Cousin: Saddam Hussein’s daughters seeking asylum in UK
- Saddam's daughters would like to live in UK
- Reports: CIA candidate to lead Iraq assassinated