Leader: Hamas not to recognize Israel's right to exist
Hamas will never recognize Israel's right to exist but will negotiate conditions for a long-term ceasefire with the Jewish state, senior Hamas leader Khaled Meshaal told a Palestinian newspaper in comments published on Friday. "We will never recognize the legitimacy of the Zionist state that was established on our land," Meshaal wrote in a column in the Palestinian al-Hayat al-Jadida newspaper.
He also dismissed the international pressure to change the movement's policy towards Israel. "Our message to the United States and Europe is the attempts you are exerting to make us abandon our principles and struggle will be wasted and will not achieve any results."
- Leader says Hamas won't recognize Israel right to exist
- Hamas denies report on readiness to accept Israel's right to exist
- Hamas leader: Jewish state could be established in Europe
- Hamas leader accepts Israel existance but not legitimacy as PFLP ready to join cabinet
- Moscow: Hamas not to recognize Israel