At least 20 dead in Karbala blast
An Iraqi police official said a motorcycle bomb explosion has killed at least 20 Shiite pilgrims near the outskirts of the holy city of Karbala. According to the AP, the official conveyed the bomb went off Wednesday at about 11 a.m. as pilgrims were making their way to the city south of Baghdad for a Shiite religious observance.
Police and hospital sources said that up to 110 people were hurt. According to Reuters, police said three people died and 21 injured late on Tuesday when a bomb attached to a military vehicle went off in Karbala.
- At least 27 dead in Iraq blast as province of Karbala handed over to Iraqis
- At least 20 Iraqis killed in blast near Karbala as two US soldiers die
- Some 20 people killed in massive car bomb attack in Baghdad as 13 wounded in Karbala
- At least 20 dead in Iraq blasts
- Iraq: Over 100 dead in Karbala, Ramadi blasts