At least 24 killed in Iraq blasts, clashes
A car bomber detonated near a U.S. tank Wednesday as US soldiers clashed with resistance fighters north of Baghdad, killing at least 10 people by the blast and fighting, witnesses said. According to The AP, at least 20 others were wounded by the blast and clashes in Beiji, some 230 kms north of Baghdad.
In Fallujah, U.S. Marines and resistance fighters continued to fight on Wednesday. US resources said three Iraqi fighters were killed. At least one Marine was injured.
Heavy machine gunfire and blasts were heard in south-central parts of Fallujah. In the northern Jolan neighborhood, U.S. Marines fought resistance fighters who American officers said "had sneaked back" into the city by swimming across the Euphrates River.
Elsewhere, nine people were killed in clashes between Iraqi resistance fighters and US troops in the Iraqi city of Ramadi, a hospital official on Wednesday told AFP.
South of Baghdad, a roadside bomb went off Wednesday near an Iraqi National Guard convoy in Iskandariyah, killing two guardsmen and wounding three others, police and hospital officials said. (albawaba.com)
- Blast kills Iraqi in Baghdad as at least 43 people die in clashes
- At least six killed in Iraq market blast as clashes between UK forces, Shiite loyalists continue
- At least 24 dead in central Baghdad clashes
- Iraq: At least 12 dead in blast, clashes; Another two US troops killed
- At least 10 Iraqis killed in blasts; Iraq minister says Iran behind clashes