At least eight dead, over 100 injured in Israel train crash
At least eight Israelis were killed on Tuesday and over 100 injured, when a passenger train hit a truck south of Tel Aviv. Two train cars derailed and were completely crushed. Passengers were buried under the cars, Haaretz reported.
According to reports from the scene of the accident, a truck loaded with coal ashes crossed the train tracks from a dirt road and crashed into the cars of the train. The truck was smashed completely, the train was derailed and two of its cars overturned. The driver of the car was killed on the spot.
- Twelve Ecuadorians Die as Spanish Train Crushes Overloaded Van
- The tragedy involving Nevsky Express train No. 166 on the Moscow – St. Petersburg route
- Negev bus crash kills eight, injures 29
- Egypt's train crash kills at least 19, 100 more wounded
- At Least Eight Killed when Train Hits Van Carrying Immigrants