At least four dead in Iraq blasts
Iraqi fighter activated a car bomb Thursday near a U.S. military convoy in Baghdad and a roadside bomb went off at a job recruiting center in the northern city of Kirkuk, in attacks that killed four people, police and officials said.
Elsewhere, mortars were fired at the provincial administration offices in the northern city of Mosul, wounding four of the governor's guards, the U.S. military said, according to The AP.
In western Baghdad, a car bomb exploded near the Yarmouk police station as a U.S. armored vehicle drove by, said police Capt. Ahmed Shihab. Two people were killed and five injured by the explosion, he said.
In Kirkuk, two civilians died and three wounded Thursday when a roadside bomb exploded near a job recruiting center and a bus terminal in the city's center, said Gen. Anwar Mohammed Amin with the Iraqi National Guard. (albawaba.com)
- At least four dead in Iraq blast
- Iraq: At least six dead in Fallujah car bomb blast as four U.S. soldiers injured in Mosul ambushes
- US fire kills four as two dead in Kirkuk blast
- Istanbul: Four dead in roadside bomb explosion
- Iraq: Italian copter crash kills four as Baqouba blast leaves at least two soldiers dead; Anbar governor dies