At least nine Palestinians killed by Israeli fire
Six Palestinians were killed and five Israeli soldiers were wounded early Wednesday in clashes in the central Gaza Strip. Israeli tanks moved into the Mughazi refugee camp in the central Gaza Strip before dawn Wednesday under cover of machine gun fire.
Scores of Palestinians, including children, were wounded when tank shells hit two houses in the camp, hospital officials said. A total of 52 people were wounded in the incursion, the hospital officials said.
Two of the Israeli soldiers sustained moderate injuries. Another three soldiers were treated for light wounds on site.
Also early Wednesday, an Israeli paratrooper force surrounded the compound that houses Palestinian security forces in Nablus where, according to the israeli army, wanted Palestinians were holed up. In an ensuing gunfight, three Palestinians were killed, Palestinian sources said.
- Gaza Strip: At least nine Palestinians killed by Israeli fire
- Gaza Strip: At least nine Palestinians dead by Israeli fire
- At least three children killed in Cairo hospital fire
- At least nine Palestinians killed in West Bank and Gaza Strip; Israeli troops re-enter Bethlehem
- Officially: Arafat Confinement Ends; At Least Nine Palestinians Killed on Monday; PA-Israel Meeting Ends Without Results