At least one Israeli soldier killed, six wounded during clash with Hizbullah fighters
At least one Israeli soldier was killed and six others were wounded during an exchange of fire with Hizbullah fighters along the Israel-Lebanon border.
Israel said Hizbullah fired anti-tank missiles and shelled Israeli outposts in the occupied Shebaa Farms area early on Friday. The incident started before 5 A.M. (local time) and ended shortly after 7 A.M.
Fires reportedly broke out as a result of the shelling. Israeli artillery batteries reportedly opened heavy fire toward the village of Shuba in south Lebanon.
Israeli airplanes bombed Hizbullah targets and helicopters were reportedly patrolling the area.
For its part, Hizbullah said that its fighters started shelling the Israeli outposts after Israeli soldiers crossed the international border. It said they killed Israeli troops in the fierce clash. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Israel - Lebanon war: 12 Hizbullah fighters killed, Israeli soldiers wounded
- North Lebanon: One killed, six wounded in fresh clashes
- One Hizbullah fighter, one Israeli soldier killed in border clash
- Lebanon: At least four Israeli soldiers killed as Tel Aviv vows to destroy Hizbullah's arsenal
- Israeli raids kill at least 22 Lebanese, One Israeli dies as Hizbullah bombs northern towns