At least seven dead in Baghdad market explosion as US soldier killed in mortar attack
At least seven people, including three policemen, were killed and 13 others injured on Sunday when a blast rocked a crowded market in the Iraqi capital, Reuters cited witnesses and hospital sources as saying.
They added some of the dead people were blown to pieces in the explosion, which took place in the Bayaa neighborhood.
Elsewhere, one U.S. soldier was killed and another wounded in a mortar attack on a military base in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul on Saturday, a U.S. military statement said on Sunday.
Meanwhile, a roadside bomb injured three UK soldiers in Basra on Sunday, a British military spokesman said.
A British patrol was caught in "a large explosion" in the city center, he said. According to witnesses, at least one Iraqi civilian was also wounded. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- UK soldier dies in Basra ''accident'' as death toll rises to 67 in Irbil twin attacks
- At least seven Iraqis, including two children, killed in Baghdad mortar attack
- US soldier, Iraqi killed in blasts as seven people wounded in attack on Mosul building
- Iraq: At least 14 dead as ammunition dump in U.S. base attacked
- Seven dead in Baghdad blast; 119 policemen killed in October