At least seven Palestinians killed in Gaza tunnel blast
At least seven Palestinians died overnight when fuel exploded in a smuggling tunnel beneath the border between Egypt and the Gaza Strip, Palestinian officials in Gaza said on Monday.
According to Reuters, Palestinian sources said the blast and fire were caused by an electrical spark. More dead may be buried at the scene, the officials added.
Officials claim 107 Palestinians have been killed in the tunnels since the outset of the year.
- Gaza Strip: Five Palestinians dead as tunnel collapsed
- Gaza Strip: Weapons smuggling tunnel collapsed; Three Palestinians wounded
- Two Palestinians die in tunnel blast as PA forces raid Hamas building in W. Bank
- Five Palestinians die as Egypt destroys tunnel
- Gaza Strip: Israeli troops kill four Palestinians