At least two Saudi policemen killed in shootout
At least two Saudi policemen were killed in a shootout with armed men at a checkpoint on a road between Riyadh and Qassim, 40 kilometers north of the capital, a policeman told AFP.
"Armed extremists fired at the Sedrah checkpoint, on the road to Qassim, killing an officer and another policeman, and wounding four other members of the security forces," the policeman said Tuesday.
On Monday, another security officer was killed and an armed man shot dead during a clash in an eastern neighborhood of Riyadh, a Saudi Interior Ministry official said. Reports said three other suspects fled the scene. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Two Islamists blow selves up in Mecca; Gunman killed, eight Saudi policemen injured in Riyadh shootout
- Two Saudi policemen killed in Jeddah clash
- Kuwait: Two policemen, suspect killed in shootout
- Saudi suspect, policeman killed in Riyadh shootout
- Two policemen, two looters killed in Baghdad shootout as Bush continues to defend US policy on Iraq