Lebanese Minister Says his Country is Indebted to Iran, Syria
South Lebanon would not have been freed had it not been for the support of Iran and Syria, Lebanese minister of defense Ghazi Zoaiter was quoted as saying by Iran News Agency (IRNA) on Tuesday.
Zoiater spoke highly of the Lebanese army for their "cooperation with the Islamic resistance movement Hizbollah in ousting the Zionist occupiers."
The minister's remarks came during his meeting in Beirut with Iran's ambassador Ayatollah Rahmani.
Ramhani condemned comments by some Western countries on the manner and form of the establishment of the Lebanese army in south Lebanon, saying such "criticism is flagrant interference in Lebanon's internal affairs," said the agency - Albawaba.com
© 2000 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Lebanese Foreign Minister to visit Iran
- Lebanon can Restore Sovereignty over South without Army
- Hizbollah: Redeployment of Lebanon’s Army Means Recognition of Full Israeli Withdrawal from South
- Lebanon Thanks UAE for Support in Mines Clearing Efforts
- Khatami Says Three-Way Ties with Lebanon, Syria Key to Middle East Stability