Lebanese Palestinian refugees plan protests against UNRWA cuts
Palestinian refugees decided in Tyre, Lebanon Tuesday to hold regular weekly sit-ins against cuts in medical and educational assistance by the United Nations Relief and Works Agency (UNRWA).
The decision to hold protests every Tuesday was adopted in the course of a sit-in by dozens of refugees in front of UNRWA headquarters in the southern port city of Tyre.
"We will carry on our action until UNRWA responds to our people's vital rights," the protestors said in a statement calling for solutions to be found to educational and health problems, especially those related to chronic diseases, AFP reported.
"We declare that every Tuesday of every week will be a day of sit-in to protest UNRWA's continued ... disregard for our rightful demands," they said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Lebanese, Palestinian Refugees Continue Protests
- Gazans, Jordanians protest UNRWA decision to cut Palestinian services
- Palestinians plan further protests against UNRWA cuts in Gaza
- Palestinians protest UN refugee budget cuts across Lebanon
- Palestinian refugees from Syria protest UNRWA aid cuts in Lebanon