Lebanese policeman commits suicide after killing daughter over refusal to marry relative
A Lebanese policeman shot dead his 16-year-old daughter over her apparent refusal to marry a relative. Afterwards, he committed suicide.
According to Lebanese security sources, the incident took place early Wednesday morning.
The father, in his 40s, reportedly shot his daughter five times while she was listening to the radio, in their home village, some 75 kilometers from Beirut. (Albawaba.com)
© 2004 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Desire for Pork Proves Fatal in Lebanese Hunting Accident
- Father refused to stop protests, daughter committed suicide
- Lebanese Shaking off the veil: When Hijab is not compatible with tight jeans
- Palestinian target practice for US tourists in the West Bank
- Frozen aid, frozen children: the corruption and unfulfilled promises pervading relief work to Syrians in Lebanon