Lebanese Prime Minister visits Syria for talks with President
Lebanon’s Prime Minister Rafiq Hariri paid a brief visit to Syria on Saturday for talks with President Bashar al-Assad, ahead of a planned meeting with United States President George W. Bush in Washington.
The two leaders reviewed "regional and international developments as well as cooperation and coordination between the two countries," according to SANA news agency.
The Lebanese Prime Minister later on left Beirut for the US capital, where he is due to meet with President Bush on Monday to prepare for an upcoming international aid conference aimed at strengthening Lebanon's ailing economy, officials said. (Albawaba.com)
© 2002 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Syrian President receives Lebanese Prime Minister for talks
- Lebanese Prime Minister to Visit United States
- Palestinian Prime Minister to hold talks with President Assad in Syria
- Syrian, Lebanese Prime Ministers Meet ahead of Powell’s Arrival in Damascus
- Syrian President receives Lebanese Prime Minister in Damascus