Lebanon’s Education Ministry Maps Out Academic Year
Lebanon’s Education Ministry has fixed official holidays and the start and end of the academic school year for public schools, reported the Daily Star.
According to a statement issued Tuesday, public schools will close from December 24 to January 2 for the Christmas and New Year's holidays, and from Maundy Thursday to the Tuesday following Easter for Catholic Easter.
The statement said that schools would close three days for the Eid Al Fitr holiday, while they would close four days for Eid Al Adha.
Public schools will also observe the following holidays: All Saints Day, Independence Day, Islamic New Year, Ashoura, Prophet Mohammed Day, Saint Maroun, Teachers' Day, Good Friday and Easter Monday of the Orthodox Church, Labor Day, Martyrs Day and Resistance and Liberation Day.
The statement said that holidays that coincide with a Sunday will not be replaced by another day, except for Teachers' Day.
The ministry said the school year would start on September 25 for high schools and October 1 for all other schools, while it would end on June 30 – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Education Ministry proposes restructuring educational curricula and improving competencies of academic staff
- ADU Receives Accreditation from the Commission for Academic Accreditation of the Ministry of Higher Education and Scientific Research to Commence the
- UAE Ministry of Education partners with PRO TECHnology to centralise access to academic resources across UAE
- Lebanon: Another year of Independence
- Universities in Dubai International Academic City Mark Beginning of New Academic Year