Lebanon’s FM Suffers Health Setback at Foreign Ministers Meetings
Lebanese foreign minister, Mahmoud Hammoud, was taken ill on Saturday in Amman during the preparatory meeting of the Arab foreign ministers, reported the Kuwait News Agency (KUNA).
Details of Hammoud’s condition were not available.
Jordan's foreign minister Abdel-Ilah Khateeb wished his Lebanese counterpart speedy recovery and hoped he would be able to resume his role in the meeting, and return home safely, said the agency.
Foreign ministers and delegates of the 22-strong Arab League opened two days of talks in Amman to finalize the agenda for next week's Arab summit.
Arab support for the six-month-old Palestinian uprising against Israel and "the situation between Iraq and Kuwait" will dominate their discussions at the Royal Culture Center in Amman – Albawaba.com
© 2001 Al Bawaba (www.albawaba.com)
- Egypt’s FM: Speedy Political Moves Must Follow Israeli-Palestinian Security Arrangements
- Iraq strife could trigger higher oil prices - IMF’s Lagarde
- Report: Israel's FM to Meet Moroccan Counterpart at EuroMed Summit
- Palestinian Death Toll Heads for 600, Israel Objects to UN Security Council Meeting on Int'l Observers
- Lebanon PM asks for funding to ease Syrian refugee crisis