Lebanon arrests two over rocket attack into Israel
BEIRUT: Two suspects have been arrested over the recent rocket attack from Lebanese territory into Israel, the Lebanese Army said Saturday.
In a statement, the Army said the two suspects - Youssef Mohammad Fliti and Omar Abdel-Mawla al-Atrash – confessed they had supplied the four rockets used in the Aug. 22 rocket attack into Israel.
The barrage of rockets into Israel from Tyre, south Lebanon, was met with swift retaliation from the Israeli air force, which on Aug. 23 fired a missile at a base belonging to an armed Palestinian faction south of Lebanese capital.
According to the statement, Fliti and Atrash confessed they had transferred the rockets from the West Bekaa village of Gaza and delivered them to a man in Tyre.
Four wooden launching pads were discovered earlier this month on the outskirts of Hosh village in Tyre.
The Army said the suspects were referred to the judiciary and that efforts are under way to detain others involved in the incident.